Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our First House (Kitchen/Laundry)

Since we bought our house 3 years ago it has been an ongoing process of decorating, upgrading, and refinishing things around the house. While I'm sure I will continue to redo things and upgrade, I wanted to get a sense of completion because most of the time I feel like things are unfinished. So I have decided to share our "finished" home with you...in the hope that I will work a little harder knowing that there is a little pressure.

My goal is to go room to room until I am happy with each...I am starting with the kitchen and laundry room.

Before....
 
And the after...

 
Not too many changes, but I painted and added accessories...
 


Red and white theme kitchen...
 

 
 
Antique accessories are a fun way to add character and charm to a kitchen...


 
 
The laundry room is right off the kitchen so I wanted to continue the theme of red and white into the laundry room. I needed something between the kitchen and laundry without making it feel to closed off so I added a screen door to the laundry room entrance and painted it red.

 
Red walls...it took 3 coats of paint but I love the final product. Thankfully this was a small room so I didn't mind then extra work.
 

 Vintage Edison bulb is a fun touch...

 

 
 
Thanks for viewing my kitchen/laundry room...now I'm moving on to the dining room...stay tuned!

1 comment: